A zesty and robust Creamy Adobo Chicken Soup that you can make in one pot. Top with fresh cilantro, avocado, and a slice of lime and enjoy this festive meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 30 minutes - Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 3 stalks Celery, diced
- 1 large, Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1-2 Chicken Breast(s)
- 1 can (28 oz) Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz) diced Green Chilis
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Tortilla Chips
- Avocados, sliced
- Limes, cut into wedges
- Heat a large, deep skillet or soup pot over medium high heat with oil. Once the oil is hot, add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic and salt. Sauté until tender.
- Add chicken broth, Adobo seasoning, chicken breast(s), tomatoes, green chilies, black beans, and 1 cup of tortilla chips. Bring soup to a low boil and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and the soup has thickened.
- Remove the chicken, dice into bite size pieces, and return to soup.
- Stir in milk and cheese.
- Spoon soup into individual serving bowls. Top with cheese, tortilla chips, sliced avocado, and fresh cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy!