Who doesn’t love delicious balls of savory meat, especially when they are seasoned to Mediterranean perfection? These meatballs are amazing as an appetizer, atop pasta or polenta, or between a baguette as a sandwich. Easily make these gluten free by substituting ground almonds for the panko.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 15 minutes - Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp Cilantro or Parsley
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, minced
- 3 Eggs
- 2 lbs Ground Pork, Beef, or Chicken
- 1 1/4 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the rub, garlic, cilantro, onion, eggs, and salt to a food processor and puree.
- In a large bowl, combine the puree and meat. Gently fold in the Panko.
- Make into meatballs and place on a lined sheet pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes
- Serve with dip or pesto