Red pepper pesto is a fun twist on a classic! It uses vibrant, sweet peppers and an almond/hazelnut combo instead of the original basil and pine nuts. It is the perfect fit when paired with grilled chicken, meatballs, or fresh seafood. Toss with warm pasta or serve as a dip or spread on a rustic baguette. The possibilities are endless, so get creative with it! If you are up for roasting your own peppers, go right ahead but if you are constrained for time, follow this quicker method by using a delicious, jarred version.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 5 minutes - Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3/4 cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 jar Roasted Red Peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup Manchego or Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat. Toast the almonds and hazelnuts until fragrant and golden brown, around 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the garlic and pulse until incorporated. Add the chopped roasted red peppers, olive oil, vinegar, seasoning, salt, and cheese. Pulse until you have a consistent texture.
- Use to top chicken, meatballs, pasta, or a sliced baguette. Enjoy!