Spice up your day with this Mexican breakfast basket filled with delicious ingredients or enjoy as an appetizer at supper time.
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 12 Corn Flour Tortillas
- 1 Potato, julienned
- 2 Fresh Sausage Links
- 1 can Black Beans
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Diced Green Chilies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with 3 Tbsp of the Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil and arrange individually into muffin cups.
- In a sauté pan, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil. Add the julienned potato and the sausage. Crumble the sausage as it cooks. Cook until the potato is tender and the sausage is cooked throughout.
- Add the black beans and Sweet Smoked Chili Rub. Taste for seasoning and salt and pepper as needed.
- Spoon the sausage mixture into the tortilla baskets filling only halfway. Crack an egg into each basket.
- Place the muffin pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, top with cheese, and return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the sour cream and diced green chilies. Spoon the chili cream atop each basket and enjoy!