This simple, classic dish should be kept in everybody’s back pocket. You will never want to eat jarred pasta sauce again once you realize how easy it is to make a flavorful sauce by simply using white wine and our Bruschetta Dried Herb blend. Simply cook your pasta while your sauce cooks and presto, dinner is done.
Prep Time: 5 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1/2 lb Italian Pasta, cooked 1-2 minutes short
- 1/2 lb Sausage
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Milk
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add a pasta rock for 2 minutes to salt your water then remove. Add the pasta, stir well and cook until al dente (tender but firm to the bite - 1-2 minutes short of the package instructions).
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high with the olive oil and cook the sausage, breaking down to a crumble with a spoon as it cooks.
- Move the meat to one side and let the oil fall to the other side, remove all of the oil but 2 Tbsp.
- Add flour to the remaining oil in the pan and stir into a paste. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes to remove the flour taste.
- Add the wine and the milk, stirring to create a sauce. Cook another few minutes to allow the wine to reduce and the sauce to thicken.
- Finish by adding the Bruschetta Dried Herb Blend, cooked pasta, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat and let the pasta finish cooking for 1-2 minutes longer.