Broccolini, Escarole, and Radicchio Saladwith Anchovy Dressing and Toasted Walnuts
Tired of making the same salads? Turn things up a notch and celebrate the winter harvests. Spicy, bitterescarole happily pairs with nutty, roasted broccolini. Creamy parmesan mellows out the dish, while an anchovydressing adds an umami punch that will have you scooping up seconds.
3 lbs broccolini (about 3 bunches)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups torn escarole (about 2 small heads,or one large head), pale green and yellowpieces only
1/4 medium head of radicchio,cut crosswise into 1/2” pieces
1 cup walnuts, toasted
Parmesan cheese, shaved
1/2 cup torn dill fronds
Anchovy Dressing Ingredients:
6 anchovy filets, drained and finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced1 shallot, minced
1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard1
/2 tablespoon honey
1. Prep the broccolini: Preheat the oven to 425 F. Wash the broccolini, cut back the stalks, trim o the leaves,and cut larger pieces in lengthwise sections. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccolini in the 3 tablespoonsolive oil and salt. Roast the broccolini until it becomes tender, about 15-20 minutes, turning halfwaythrough using tongs. Let the broccolini cool, and prepare the rest of the salad.
2. Make the dressing: In a wide-mouthed jar, combine and whisk together all of the dressingingredients.
3. Toast the walnuts: In a small saut pan over low heat, toast the walnuts until slightly browned and fragrant,about 2-4 minutes, tossing frequently to prevent burning.
4. In a large bowl, toss the cooked broccolini, torn escarole, and radicchio pieces with the dressing.
5. Assemble the salad! Sprinkle the salad with the walnuts, shaved parmesan, and fresh dill.Serve immediately.