Green Chile & Cheese Egg Bake Bites
Makes 12 egg bites
Busy mornings are the norm! We often find ourselves searching for satisfying, protein-packed recipes that
come together in a snap to help us approach the day with some solid nourishment. You’ll find that these
savory egg bake bites are just that -- delicious, satisfying, and easy!
1/2 cup butter, melted, plus 2 tablespoons softened
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
7 oz can chopped green chiles
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 8 oz)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously butter the cups of a standard-sized muffin pan with the softened
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and paprika.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and whisk to combine.
4. Stir in the melted butter, cottage cheese, green chiles, and Monterey Jack cheese and continue stirring
until the ingredients are incorporated.
5. Use a measuring cup to evenly distribute the egg mix into the 12 prepared cups of the muffin pan.
6. Bake until set, about 20-25 min. Let the egg bake bites cool in the pan before removing. Eat while warm
or store in the refrigerator for 3 days in an air-tight container, or wrap well and store in the freezer for up to