MEXICAN SHRIMP COCKTAIL MINI MARTINI with C/M TRAIL DUST SEASONING
- 1 lb. Shrimp (the smaller the better) peeled and deveined.
- 1 cucumber seeded and small diced
- 2 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 Avocado diced
- 2 tbsp Trail Dust Seasoning
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 red onion small diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups Clamato (Fiesta Blend)
- 1 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- fried tortilla strips
- 1 lime sliced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced and thrown in
- 1 spanish onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Trail Dust Seasoning
- In a stock pot bring poaching liquid to a boil.
- Let simmer for the flavor to build for about 10-15 minutes. Bring back to boil and poach shrimp for about 3-5 minutes, being careful not to overcook.
- Strain off shrimp and let cool.
- We are doing this as a mini appetizer, so we are going to cut the shrimp into smaller pieces. You can leave whole if you like.
- While shrimp is cooling, mix the rest of the ingredients together and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add in shrimp and let sit about an hour.
- Rim your mini martini glasses with lime juice and then trail dust. Add a half lime slice on the side. Using a ladle scoop into the glass.
- Garnish with cilantro and tortilla strips.