Sink your teeth into this combination of dinner and dessert! A perfect treat for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. This fun twist of pork chops with apple sauce takes beautifully presented, mouthwatering food to a whole new level.
Prep Time: 30 minutes - Cook Time: 60 minutes - Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1/2 cup Butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Pink Lady Apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider (drinking stuff)
- 1 Pork Loin (4-5 lbs)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter. Once melted, add brown sugar, sugar shaker and apples. Sauté the apples until slightly caramelized, about 8-10 minutes. Add the bourbon and apple cider. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Butterfly the pork by starting on the right side of the pork loin. With a sharp knife, cut down lengthwise (not cutting all the way through where your knife meets the cutting board) until you get about ½ inch away from the bottom side. Open your cut meat and lay flat.
- Place the butterflied loin between two pieces of plastic wrap. With a mallet or rolling pin, gently pound to ¼” thick.
- Season both sides of the pork liberally with sea salt and pepper. Spoon the apples out of the sauce and place lengthwise along the center of the pork. Wrap the meat around the apples, almost rolling it back up. Using butcher string, tie around the roll, each string tied an inch apart.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium high heat with the avocado oil. Once hot, sear the pork loin, turning to brown all sides. Pour the remaining liquid from the apples over the pork. Transfer to the preheated oven and roast uncovered for about 1 hour or until the meat thermometer reaches 155°F (make sure to get the temperature of the meat and not the apple filling).
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest, tented with foil, for 15-20 minutes. Slice into ½” thick slices. Enjoy!