Let the fiesta begin with these flavorful shrimp tacos! The Chimichurri we created has such a bright spicy flavor you'll want to keep this recipe in your regular rotation!
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 10 minutes - Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4-6
For the Chimichurri:
2/3 cup Jalapeño Lime Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Vera Cruz Chili Oil
1 bunch Cilantro leaves (1/2 cup)
2 TBSP Sweet Smoked Chili Rub
1 tsp Lime Fresco Sea Salt
1 lb Raw Shrimp, peeled & deveined
12 Corn Tortillas
1/4 head purple cabbage, shredded
Queso Fresco crumbled
- Heat a grill to medium high heat.
- In a blender or food processor pulse the vinegar, oil, cilantro, rub and sea salt into a chunky sauce.
- Pour 1/2 the marinade over the shrimp and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp on sticks and grill over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
- In the tortillas arrange the grilled shrimp, purple cabbage and queso fresco. Serve with extra sauce as desired. Enjoy!