2-3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
1 tsp Canola Oil
1tsp Fresh Ginger, Minced
1 Tbsp Thin Sliced Scallion, white parts only
Sauce (part 1)
¾ cup Chicken Broth
¼ cup Orange Juice
2 Tbsp Orange Marmalade
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Cornstarch
Sauce (part 2)
2 Tbsp Thick sliced scallion, green parts only
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
⅛ tsp Kosher Salt
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper
- Combine the sauce part 1 ingredients in a small bowl or graduated measuring cup and whisk until evenly combined, then set aside
- Once the pan is hot, add 1 tsp canola oil to the pan and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides and cooked through (165F). Transfer to a place and set aside to rest.
- Immediately, add 1 tsp of canola oil, the ginger and the white scallion to the pan and cook until they begin to turn slightly brown.
- Then immediately add all of the sauce part 1 ingredients to the pan and cook until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes. Stir and scrape with a whisk to get the brown bits to release from the pan.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter, green scallions and the salt (sauce part 2). Whisk until the butter is melted.
- Return the chicken breasts to the man to warm slightly if needed.
- Check for seasoning
- To serve, place a chicken breast onto a plate and spoon some of the pan sauce over the breast.