Orange Ginger Chicken
3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thights
2 tsp Canola Oil
1 tsp Fresh Ginger
1 Tbsp Thing Sliced Scallions - White Parts Only
Salt and Pepper to taste
¾ cup chicken broth
¼ cup orange juice
3 tbsp orange marmalade
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium – preferred)
1 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp thin slice scallions – green parts only
2 tsbp unsalted butter
1/8 tsp kosher salt
12" Fry Pan or 4Qt Saute
Graduated Measuring Cup
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Combine chicken broth, orange juice, marmalade, honey, soy sauce in graduated measuring cup. Whisk thoroughly. Set aside
3. Create slurry with cornstarch and hot water. Use equal parts and whisk thoroughly.
4. Heat fry pan or sauté on medium high heat.
5. Once pan is to temperature, add canola oil, once hot add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides. Cook until internal temperature is 165.
6. Remove Chicken and reserve on plate
7. Immediately add 1 tsp of canola oil, ginger, white scallions. Cook until golden brown.
8. As soon as scallions begin to brown, immediately add sauce to pan. (Reserve the butter and green scallions.) Whisk thoroughly with whisk or wooden spoon. Scarp pan and incorporate brown bits (fond) into sauce. As sauce begins to boil, add corn starch slurry and continue to whisk until sauce thickens.
9. Once sauce thickens, turn off heat and add butter and green scallions and stir until butter is melted and incorporated.
10. Return Chicken bake to pan to warm chicken.
11. Taste. Adjust seasoning.
*Recipe created by The Kitchen Window Culinary Department – Doug Huemoller and Dan Darvell