A colorful meal or side dish recipe using Spaghetti Squash and Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil.
Prep Time: 25 minutes - Cook Time: 50 minutes - Total Time: 75 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Pecorino Cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 6 slices Bacon or Pancetta
- Parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Spoon out the seeds and discard. Place face side up in a baking dish and season liberally with Avocado Oil and Smokey Bacon Sea Salt. Roast until golden around the edges and soft to touch, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl whisk together the egg, pecorino cheese and milk. Set aside.
- Once the squash is cooked, allow to cool slightly. Using a fork, scoop out the spaghetti-like insides. Set aside.
- Place the Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil and bacon or pancetta into a sauté pan and turn on to medium - high heat. Cook until slightly crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Wild Garlic seasoning and cook another minute.
- Add the spaghetti squash to the warm bacon, tossing to coat with the renderings.
- Transfer the warm squash to the egg mixture and quickly toss to cook the egg. Add a touch more milk if necessary to thin the sauce. Pepper to taste.
- Transfer the squash back into the shell or onto a serving platter and garnish with a sprinkle of Smokey Bacon Sea Salt and a few sprigs of parsley. Enjoy!