This vanilla maple roasted chicken brings a twist to a classic Sunday meal. Floral vanilla, sweet maple, and bright orange help bring out the savory and umami flavors of this juicy roast chicken. The perfect recipe for a weekend dinner with family. Bring the flavors of fall alive with this recipe!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
- 4lb Chicken
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Maple Orange Sugar Shaker
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Maple Olive Oil
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- 1/4 Large Orange
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- 3 Springs Rosemary
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Spice Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Thyme, minced
- 1 tsp Maple Orange Sugar Shaker
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a small saucepan combine ingredients for the glaze and cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes to let the flavors infuse. Set aside.
- Pat chicken dry and season the chicken all over with salt, shaker, and olive oil. Make sure to use your hands to gently loosen the breast skin and season the meat under the skin as well as inside the cavity.
- Stuff cavity with onion, orange, thyme, and rosemary. Place chicken in a dutch oven or roasting rack breast side up. And cook at 450F uncovered for 20 minutes to obtain color on the skin.
- Remove chicken from oven and reduce the temp to 350 F. Meanwhile brush the skin with a layer of glaze. Reserving glaze foer.
- Place the chicken in the oven at cook for 20 minutes uncovered for every 1lb. If skin starts to darken to much cover with lid or foil.
- Every 15 minutes remove the chicken from the oven to reapply the glaze until its gone.
- Remove the chicken from the oven when the thigh registers 155F and let rest until the internal temperature reachs 165F. About 15 minutes.
- Serve chicken with your favorite sides and enjoy!