Crispy chicken, sweet and tangy dressing, and all the toppings to boot. This salad is a meal all in one and might just become your new favorite weeknight dinner!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Applewood Barbecue Rub & Seasoning
- 1 tsp Smokey Bacon Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3 Tbsp Maple-Wood Smoked Bacon Infused Olive Oil
HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- ¼ Cup Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Smokey Bacon Sea Salt
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 Head of Romaine, chopped
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cup Cucumbers, sliced
- ¼ Medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 4 Slices Cooked Bacon, chopped
Butterfly your chicken by cutting horizontally through the middle of the chicken breast. Season with the rub and salt then place in a medium size bowl. Top with buttermilk, turn to coat all sides and allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to 6 hours.
In two shallow bowls add beaten eggs to one and flour to the other. Dredge the chicken by dipping first in eggs then in flour. Shake off excess flour and let rest on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
In a large skillet over medium, heat the olive oil. Add chicken and cook 5-6 minutes per side or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes then cut into strips.
Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together the mustard, honey, balsamic, and sea salt.
Add lettuce to a platter, top with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, cheese, bacon, and sliced chicken. Drizzle the dressing over and enjoy!