This salad is so colorful and delicious you will want to serve it for the holidays or as a main course all year long. The bacon sun dried tomato vinaigrette helps make all the flavors come alive.
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 10-12 stalks Kale
- 5-7 Radishes, sliced thin
- 4 pieces Bacon, diced
- 6-8 Sun Dried Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup Almonds, chopped
- Prepare the kale by removing the center stems and dicing the leaves finely then adding to a bowl. Add the radishes. Set aside.
- In a medium size skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Spoon the grease out of the pan.
- To the bacon, add the olive oil. Once hot, add the sun dried tomatoes and apples. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until warm.
- Add the vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes to reduce a bit.
- Pour the warm dressing over the kale and toss to coat. Garnish with chopped almonds
- Enjoy immediately or let it rest at room temperature for 30-60 minutes for the flavors to marinate.