Caccio e Pepe translated into “Cheese and Pepper” is a simple, creamy dish perfect for when your fridge is bare. This recipe takes 10-15 minutes to come together and will satisfy your hunger and your soul. Pair with a fresh salad and you’ll have dinner on the table in minutes.
- In a large pot bring 4 quarts of water to a roaring boil and season water with Pasta Rock™ following package directions. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large fry pan set to medium heat, melt butter and add olive oil and pepper. Mix to combine well and let pepper toast slightly. If butter and oil mixture begins to brown remove from heat until pasta is done.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, make sure the butter and oil mixture is back on medium heat. Remove the pasta from the pot with tongs and add directly to the butter and oil mixture.
- While stirring the pasta, add in the cheese a generous pinch at a time. Once all the cheese is added finish the dish with pasta water to help emulsify the sauce.
- Transfer pasta to a plate and serve with a few more cracks of freshly ground pepper and a pinch of pecorino cheese.