Fajitas are a colorful, delicious, and healthy option for getting dinner on the table quickly! With the chicken
already marinated and grilled, simply grill onions and peppers to add to the chicken. Complete the tasty
fajitas with an array of toppings! Some of our favorite fajita toppings include sour cream, cilantro, salsa, hot
sauce, a squeeze of lime, salsa, and a little guacamole!
2 chicken breasts (marinated, grilled, and diced)
4 flour tortillas, warmed
1 red pepper, sliced into strips
1 green pepper, sliced into strips
1 sweet onion, sliced pole to pole
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Garlic & Lime Grilled Chicken:
6 chicken breasts - some now, some later
1 tablespoon lime zest (about two small limes)
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Fresh cilantro leaves
Salsa, and/or hot sauce
1. Prepare the chicken breasts according to the Garlic & Lime Chicken directions below.
2. Prepare the veggies. In a large bowl, toss the sliced peppers and onion with the olive oil, Kosher salt, and
pepper. Grill the peppers and onion in a grill basket over direct heat or sauté in a skillet on the stovetop. Stir
the vegetables often and cook until slightly charred in spots and cooked to your desired tenderness.
3. Toss the cooked vegetables with the grilled chicken slices.
4. Serve with warmed tortillas and a variety of your favorite toppings.
Garlic & Lime Grilled Chicken Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine the lime zest and the marinade spices: chili powder, garlic powder, paprika,
cumin, sugar, pepper, and salt. Stir together until evenly mixed.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl or in a sealable bag inside of a large bowl.
3. Pour the vegetable oil and lime juice over the chicken, then sprinkle with the spice mixture.
4. Rub the chicken with the spices until it is completely coated.
5. Cover the chicken and refrigerate. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight.
6. Fire up the grill! Heat the grill; ensure your grill grates are clean and well-oiled.
7. Grill the chicken over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning as needed.
8. Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
9. Enjoy the chicken immediately or slice, dice, or shred to use in future recipes.