Chicken Green Enchiladas
Makes 8 enchiladas
Cheesy and creamy, these green enchiladas are one great definition of comfort food! The green enchilada sauce
is enhanced with a filling of grilled and diced chicken, white beans, green chilies, cheese, onion, garlic, herbs, and
a little sour cream. After stuffng and rolling the enchiladas, add another layer of sauce on top. Don’t forget to
finish with a hearty layer of cheese. After baking, garnish with fresh cilantro. So tasty!
2 garlic & lime chicken breasts
(marinated, grilled, and sliced)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried cumin
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 can (28 oz) green enchilada sauce
1 cup sour cream
Garlic & Lime Grilled Chicken:
6 chicken breasts - some now, some later
Garnishes: Lime wedges, Fresh cilantro leaves, Pickled jalapeños, Hot sauce
1 tablespoon lime zest (about two small limes)
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Sauté the onion and garlic in a large skillet until the onion is translucent. Season the onions with oregano, cumin, salt, and
3. Add the green chilies, white beans, 1 cup of grated cheese, 1 cup green enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of sour cream. Stir to
combine. Add the diced chicken and fold together until combined.
4. Spoon 1 cup of enchilada sauce around the bottom of the pan. This recipe makes about 8 enchiladas which can fit into a
standard 9x12 casserole pan, or individual sized dishes that fit 2 enchiladas each.
5. Fill the tortillas with a scoop of the chicken mixture and roll up tightly. Place the stuffed tortillas seam side down in the pan.
Pack the pan tightly.
6. Spoon more enchilada sauce on top of the rolled tortillas. Sprinkle one more cup of grated cheese on top.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has started to brown and the enchiladas are bubbling hot.
8. Serve warm with your choice of garnishes.
Garlic & Lime Grilled Chicken Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine the lime zest and the marinade spices: chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, sugar, pepper,
and salt. Stir together until evenly mixed.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl or in a sealable bag inside of a large bowl.
3. Pour the vegetable oil and lime juice over the chicken, then sprinkle with the spice mixture.
4. Rub the chicken with the spices until it is completely coated.
5. Cover the chicken and refrigerate. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight.
6. Fire up the grill! Heat the grill; ensure your grill grates are clean and well-oiled.
7. Grill the chicken over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning as needed.
8. Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
9. Enjoy the chicken immediately or slice, dice, or shred to use in future recipes.