Loaded Chicken Quesadillas
These quesadillas are loaded with grilled and diced chicken, black beans, spinach, corn, and plenty of
cheese. We love quesadillas for lunch or dinner. Everyone can customize their order to their own preference.
Add additional flavor with a variety of toppings!
2 chicken breasts (marinated, grilled, and diced)
8 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
8 oz frozen corn, thawed
4 oz spinach leaves
Garlic & Lime Grilled Chicken:
6 chicken breasts - some now, some later
1 tablespoon lime zest (about two small limes)
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Fresh cilantro leaves
1. Prepare the chicken breasts according to the Garlic & Lime Chicken directions below.
2. Use a panini press or a skillet on the stovetop to cook the quesadillas.
3. Load a tortilla with a layer of pepper jack cheese, then add all of the quesadilla ingredients: diced chicken,
black beans, corn, and spinach leaves. Finish with another layer of cheese, then top with another tortilla.
4. If cooking on the stovetop use low heat and practice patience while the cheese melts! Using a large
spatula, flip the quesadilla after the cheese has melted enough to hold it together.
5. Cut the quesadilla into wedges and enjoy warm with an array of toppings.
Garlic & Lime Grilled Chicken Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine the lime zest and the marinade spices: chili powder, garlic powder, paprika,
cumin, sugar, pepper, and salt. Stir together until evenly mixed.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl or in a sealable bag inside of a large bowl.
3. Pour the vegetable oil and lime juice over the chicken, then sprinkle with the spice mixture.
4. Rub the chicken with the spices until it is completely coated.
5. Cover the chicken and refrigerate. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight.
6. Fire up the grill! Heat the grill; ensure your grill grates are clean and well-oiled.
7. Grill the chicken over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning as needed.
8. Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
9. Enjoy the chicken immediately or slice, dice, or shred to use in future recipes.