This refreshing Pomegranate Citrus Quinoa Salad is colorful and will compliment any meal. Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 15 minutes - Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Rainbow Quinoa
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Arils from 1 Pomegranate
- 2 Oranges or 4 Tangerines, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Almonds, chopped
- In a medium sized stock pot, bring 2 cups of chicken stock to boil and add the quinoa. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the water is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mint, cilantro, basil, and sea salt. Pour the dressing over the cooled quinoa. Stir in the pomegranate arils, citrus fruit, and chopped almonds.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy at room temperature or cold.