A simple, healthy twist on traditional hummus. Dip with veggies or spread on toast to create a trendy gourmet “avocado toast” that will have you coming back for more.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 (15 oz) can Chick Peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh Lime Juice
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 ripe Avocados, peeled and pitted
- In a food processor, pulse chick peas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice and garlic until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add avocados and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a serving dish, finish with a sprinkle of more sea salt, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with pita chips, veggies, or as a spread for tartine (which is a fancy French word for sliced bread).